Gardens are a Changin'

The snow has melted, birds are nesting and the Spring bulbs are poking their cheery heads.
My husband has almost completed the run of hemlock fencing around all my erratic plot plantings. I say erratic for my herbary deceased 6 years ago, more utilitarian style of planting was needed, takeover of my culinary square in the 4-square with the enlargement of the brick patio and a swing set on my enmasse' vegetable garden has totally changed the flow of gardens and style tremendously. Not only that but, I have desperately wanted a wrap around front porch where it originally was when the house was built in 1869. A large porch will be wonderful with all the traditional rocking chairs, porch swing and container plantings. There was also a door where the green house window is now that would have been the front door. A connection will be made from my kitchen to the outside garden world via the cutting in of this door and more house space in the summer months with the addition of the porch. But...........

This means my side garden will be gone.
My side garden was such a show stopper at one time with the waves of blooms all season and the smells wafting about.
Things do change...
I do not have the time or energy with my art business to physically and mentally keep up with all the plantings. I will keep my assortments of themes going such as, culinary, historical, decorative, aroma, everlasting and medicinal, just on a smaller scale.
My teachings with my business will take place in these gardens and the entertaining from everyone to clients to my favorite peoples, my children. I love the idea of having a secret lush paradise awaiting behind a garden gate so, that is where I will start.
Do not all great gardens start with one thought or perhaps one dream?

Comments

Popular Posts