Louise in My Life

My afternoons spent with Louise, more than not, turned into 11-12 hours filled with creating, interesting lunch combinations and pot after pot of fennel tea. On mornings she got there abit early I would be awoke by her under my bedroom window calling up to get my body up, ;)
Herbal mustards were prepared using my herb/spice infused vinegars for added punch, brown sugar, dried herbs, wheat flour and mustard flour in the recipes. We spent many a day experimenting or just sitting on my screen porch going through my latest book finds or magazines. On days we felt like traveling we went to all the local Goodwills, afar antique shoppes and town wide yardsales. I miss our jaunts...
Fennel tea:
thyme for courage, chamomile to calm, sage for wisdom, spearmint to refresh, rosemary for remembrance and fennel seed for strength.
This tea is still one of my favorites and when brewed takes me back to my friend and our adventures in my gardens and kitchen or her antique shop and kitchen. She is now in Kentucky with her husband and 3 poodles having a longer growing season and has recently started up another antique shoppe.
I will hunt up some pictures of her homes, filled with antiques and treasures, tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts